Monday, January 27, 2014

Different Resources



Dear Friends and Family but especially Jen and Emily,

I miss your giant filing cabinets of books. I'm just starting to evaluate the kids that are in my English Club and it is clear that I was a little too spoiled with all the reading and testing materials in your classroom. I keep thinking, "man, if I could teleport I could use this or that resource." And then I think, "I can find something similar on the internet," and then I remember, "Oh right, internet goes about the speed of the plates moving and costs about a quarter of my living allowance," so then I realize, "I have to write all my own evaluations and reading practice myself."

I miss paper.
I miss smart boards.
I miss iPads.
I miss evaluation systems that I didn't have to create.

I also miss the giant copier in the workroom, with all its fancy buttons and options that I knew. Our copier (we have a copier!) is a bit simpler than that although it does have a staple option (sans actual staples) and I have to ask the principle to make me copies.

Oh well, I must learn to make do.

No comments:

Post a Comment