Monday, December 16, 2013

Swear-in Ceremony

Swear-in for the Peace Corps happened on September 20 so I apologize for the long delay in this obligatory blog post that I'm sure my fellow volunteers put up a long time ago. It was great, probably the most expensive birthday present I have ever received. So thank you, People of the United States of America for a wonderful party.


"Swear-in was like graduation, we, sat in rows and walked up on stage to shake the director's, Ethiopian and American Ambassador's hand, and receive our diploma, I'm sorry, 'certificate.'"

"This is me in traditional Habasha garb. My host mother gave me this dress just a couple of days before we left. She is so nice."

This is my favorite picture from the evening. That is Christine. She was my roommate whenever we were in Addis during training.

Everybody wanted a picture in front of the seal and flags.




Abubeker being cool. He was one of the many Ethiopians who taught us Language and Culture.
Tekaling, my language teacher.
My language class.
The neighbor compounds.






I'm in Peace Corps!!






No comments:

Post a Comment