Monday, December 23, 2013

Please Send Letters Addressed to Julia



Dear Friends and Family,

It has come to my attention that my fellow volunteers have used this forum to request care packages. I think this is an excellent idea so I think I'll go for it.

As much as I would like to receive lots of tasty goodies, what I really want from all of you are letters. I really enjoy reading about your news, however mundane or old you might think it is. It is the best way for me to feel connected to home. I just went through a whole 3 weeks without receiving a single letter and it left me rather blue. I thought to myself, if I have 20 or so pen pals that won't happen again.

So be my pen pals, please!

If this post sounds rather desperate to you, well then, you are an excellent reader because that's exactly what I am.

Send letters to P.O. Box 08, North Shewa, Deneba, Ethiopia

Love, Julia, your anxiously awaiting correspondent

No comments:

Post a Comment