Friday, September 20, 2013

Swear In

So, I don't have any pictures because all my stuff is packed and awaiting shipment to my site, which means that my camera cord is not within reach. But, the point of this post is to inform you that I am an official Peace Corps Volunteer.

I spent this afternoon in America (US embassy) swearing in, talking to the ambassador and other important people.

Right now, however, it is 3 in the morning on my birthday. I'm a little intoxicated after a night of celebrating and clubbing. Yes, clubbing exists in this country. I had to ask myself several times today if I was still in Ethiopia. Which is not a bad thing, but the club we were at just seemed like so much a part of home. It was nice after two months of being away.   I am currently talking to my mother while typing this up. Where I am, it is my birthday but where she is it is still the 20th.

So anyway, not to digress too much. Today I swore in. This is something I've been waiting for since the first day I could formulate sentences and contemplate complex ideas like plans for the future.

I am really excited, and eventually show you pictures. For right now, know how excited I am, know how anxious I am and wish me luck on my sight that I will be traveling to in exactly 5 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment